A video for Pay Per Click versus Search Engine Optimization:
Pay Per Click vs. Search Engine Optimization argues what is better? SEO vs. PPC, what is better for getting traffic to your site? By combining both of these methods, you can quickly get the upper hand on your competition. Instant traffic, easy to set up and track, keyword conversion testing, A/B testing with ads, track your roi or return on investment. These are just some of the topics we discuss throughout the Business Web Basics course.
Everybody wants organic traffic. So I’m gonna do brief presentation on PPC versus SEO, which is Pay Per Click vs Search Engine Optimization. And the secret to understanding the value of PPC.
In this video, I’m gonna talk about PPC and SEO are, and I’m gonna offer three secrets of PPC I find very important.
1. Determine keywords
2. Value of the impression
3. Return on investment
What is PPC?
PPC stands for Pay Per Click. PPC is offered as a means to advertise your product in the market place and when someone clicks the ad you write they land on your site and pay for the click.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is when your site is optimized for keywords. Keywords are very important in SEO because the search engines place a value on your site based on 2 main points.
1. Site optimization – meaning how the actual site is themed, laid out, and coded.
2. Offsite optimization – your linking strategies and partners.
These two points determined the strength of your website.
So people always say, why spend anything when traffic is free? I wanna rank organicly, organic traffic is free.
Secret number one on PPC – Determine your keywords
– In 1 hour you can know what keywords get play on the internet
– In 1 hour you can know what ads are seen
– In 1 hour you can get a realistic idea of how much money to spend
– In 1 hour your products or services can be seen by the entire globe or as local as 25 miles
Secret number one on PPC – Impressions are free
– After campaign is up and running, you begin to see trends
– Impression are free so if your ad shows on a page, and the consumer chooses an ad other than your ad, you get information
– Information is key when selling products
– A/B testing – done very quickly brings big results
– Learn what works and what does not in a very short period of time
Secret number one on PPC – Return on investment
– You set the budget
– You choose the times to advertise
– You determine the landing page
– You determine the geo target
– You decide if it is worth the spend
– You see immediately if you will get traffic based on the words chosen
In conclusion, I’m a huge fan of SEO, PPC is where to start.
– Instant visibility
– Instant traffic
– Easy to set up
– Easy to track measurable results
– NO CONTENT or Web Changes
– Keyword conversion testing
– A/B testing with Ads
– Be in control of your spend
– Quickly trace your highest return on investment